First, the proposal for Sime Darby to takeover IJN , than big public outcry, government pulled back.Than, new airport for low-cost carrier to be built jointly by Air Asia and Sime Darby at Labu, Negeri Sembilan.Now, TNB wants to buy back Malakoff's Kapar IPP coal-fired power plant for around RM2.9 billion.The plant was previously owned by TNB but sold its 40% stake to Malakoff in 2004 for RM1.68 billion.If TNB buys only 40%, who holds the other 60%?
These boys have fantastic foresight and business acumen which goes as far as the tip of their noses.They are going to pay almost twice the price to buy back what they saw as a liability hardly four years ago. Hoi ! Ada udang di sebalik batu ka! Pak Pandir!
Lately, the government seems to be making many announcements of this and that, are those projects really going to take off or just to show the people they are doing something - right or wrong, doesn't matter, as long as they appear to be busy.
Some of you would still remember the big bullshit employed by some of our public-listed companies going overseas and claimed to have secured huge contracts under MOU (Memorandum of Understanding), which legally is not considered a binding contract.The whole idea was just to lie to the public to boost the share price.Most of the projects never materialised
Either it is just hot air or somebody is wheeling and dealing hoping to make a killing.