Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bapa Borek, Anak Rintik

Hantu Laut

A man with a huge chip on his shoulder and a terribly bad attitude.

When confronted about his son's appointment he responded with sheer indignation and arrogance.

Herein lies his retort:

"You must know, I am a trained lawyer and I know what I am doing.

Nadim shall remain a special officer to me.

I don't care what people think.I don't care what bloggers, netizen, journalists write about me.

Today I am still a minister appointed by a bigger majority in my constituency, so what do they have to say.

I don't please anybody but myself.If making him a special officer makes me happy then that's it"

He says he is a trained lawyer and knows what he is doing, if so, why so many criticisms and contention of his action. We are not talking about legality here, it is more moral grounds and convention. 

He claimed he is a trained and good lawyer. Does he not know that the law also disallow as witness to signature of certain documents to anyone closely related to the signatory?

Why so? 

When the chips are down, blood is thicker than water.

That's why the law frown upon such practices.

Now, you people decide.

Is he a good lawyer?

Is he fit to be a minister?

He also mentioned that his family was already rich, so what the fuzz?

If that was the case, why work on such miserable and meagre minister's salary and if adding salt to the wound not enough, appoint his son to work for him in his ministry. 

Shouldn't the young man be out there somewhere managing the family's fortune...........? 

"Bapa borek, anak rintik" for those who don't understand Malay idioms, it carries the same meaning as the English idiom "like father, like son"

No comments: